IS EVERYONE'S STORY
IS EVERYONE'S STORY
Who We Are
Enosh – The Israeli Mental Health Association is the largest mental health organization in Israel, delivering comprehensive community-based rehabilitation services to people with psychosocial disabilities and their families. Since 2017 Enosh has been a consultative organization to the UN- ECOSOC regarding mental health policies and service delivery.
We are a person-centered organization. We believe that everyone deserves to live a fulfilling and meaningful life. Our work is guided by the recovery framework with a holistic approach that promotes living an independent life in the community.
What We Do
We offer a range of Mental health rehabilitation services in the domains of housing, employment, social-recreational centers, early intervention, family consultation and respite homes as an alternative to psychiatric hospitalization.
1 in 4
People will experience a mental health crisis during their life
Youth and young adults
Inquiries to Enosh information center
- To provide quality and professional community-based mental health services for people with psychosocial disabilities and to support their families
- To increase awareness around mental health and fight society’s stigmas towards people with psychosocial disabilities
- To promote the rights of people with psychosocial disabilities and their family members
Mental Health Recovery Services in the Community
- Supportive housing programs that support independent living
- Supportive employment programs in the work market
- Social, recreation, sports and wellness centers in the community
- Counselling and support centers for families
Prevention and Early intervention
- NAVIGATE – first episode prevention program
- HEADSPACE – early intervention centers for youth
- GOME – respite home in the community which provides supportive treatment for people in a mental health crisis
Advocacy and policy
- Enosh holds a consultative status to the Economic and Social Council at the United Nations since 2017 and is taking part of the global mental health work. Enosh is part of civil society coalitions in Israel to promote rights of people with disabilities and the right to health
Our teams are specialized in different mental health intersections: homelessness, trauma, CPTSD, elderly, youth, religious communities, suicide prevention, lived experience, youth mental health, LGBTQ, and more.
Lived Experience in Enosh
In the past decade Lived Experience have been integrated into the mental health rehabilitationII field, as it is one of the core elements in recovery. Enosh is implementing lived epxirience in its services through peer specialists, advocacy, public awareness work and research – to learn more read here
Enosh has joined the Zero Project efforts towards a world with zero barriers for people with disabilities providing an information webinar on the #ZeroCall23 and how it can be relevant to nominations from the mental health community to highlight good practices.
The webinar was held on June 1 2022 and led by Robin Tim Weiss Manager, Public Sector at the Zero Project and Liron David, Policy and International Relations Chief Officer at Enosh.
Women in "MAOF" (full-flight)
Read about the inspiring stories of 3 women-entrepreneurs,
who turned their dream into a successful professional business with the help of the MAOF-Enosh program.
Zero Project Award
Enosh is one of the Zero Project award winners 2022 for its Nofesh – Accessible Tourism for Persons with Psychosocial Disabilities program.
We will be taking part of the zero Project Conference in the UN Vienna in February 23-25, 2022.
Support for families in Mental Health Systems
In December 2021 Enosh team participated in the XIV World Congress of the World Association for Psychosocial Rehabilitation and the 7th Abu Dhabi International Mental Health Conference to represent Enosh and the Milam Family Support Centers.Family support is essential to promote recovery & independence for persons with psychosocial disabilities and can be implemented in every mental health service around the world.
You are welcome to learn how you can implement family support in your organization through a lecture led by Silvia Azulay Tobelem (MSW)Director of MILAM Family Support Centers, Israel.
My Hero is you
A storybook written for all children in the world affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Enosh collaborated with the Inter-Agency Standing Committee Reference Group on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings to translate the book
"My Hero is You 2021" to Hebrew.